Tuesday 17 April 2012

Hold on Tight


Shimelle had her weekend cybercrop...and I am loving all her challenges, I have done 2 pages now and there is another one on my desk, if only I could scrap quicker and manage all 16 before next weekend :D  Here is the 1st page that I tried (though not her 1st prompt) and it is to use yellow, grey and one other colour.  I have to confess to not being overly keen on the page which is why I'm showing it 1st as I like the other page better and I can pop that on my blog tomorrow!!  My other colour was pink and it a big an bold way.

The papers I have used are October Afternoons Farmhouse range, and the pink is by DCWV I also echoed a little more of the pink on the Authentique journal spot.  I cut the title out - having carefully drawn it free hand and then backed it with the OA papers.  I used the American Crafts arrow stamp which I embossed with white embossing powder - I also did this to the OA doily stamp down the bottom.  I stitched and wrinkled as usual and added some glassine paper and a little bit of dictionary paper - the word I looked up was bumpy as this ride was VERY bumpy and shook you around, much to the delight of my kids. 





6 comments:

  1. I think it's a fab layout. I really like the way you have used the arrow stamp and all the layering. I too have been having a go at some of the challenges and really must get round to updating my blog with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout!! The embossed arrows & doily stamps look fab!! I've managed the first challenge so far and mid way through another!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful LO! I live the way you created your title!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the pink and all the little details you added, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you find the time? Its fab as always love the bright pink very bold.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails