Friday 18 May 2012

Birthday Cards


For my post over at A Trip Down Memory Lane I had a look at tabs that are quite trendy to use at the top and bottom of your pages (and a fab use of the odds and ends of paper that you are left with).  I decided to see whether they would work on a card too, and this is what I came up with.  I used some of the Crate Paper Farmhouse collection and some garden twine, punches and stamps.  I secured my twine behind the tabs and then stapled it across the card, and hid the end again at the bottom behind the tab.  I stapled some Martha Stewart butterflies along the twine and added Happy Birthday using some silicon glue.



This is the card that I made for my nieces - I cut out the 5 using my silhouette and then layered up lots of strips of kaisercraft papers behind the die cut.

We've got a busy weekend with a swimming gala and a dance/singing performance but I should be back on Sunday with a page.  Hope you all have a great Friday.

11 comments:

  1. Both really lovely cards, I love the way that you have used the twine on the first one, just fabulous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really beautiful cards I am loving the twine and the happy birthday running down it.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fabulous! Way to rock out that twine on the first one - so cool!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these cards, and both are a great way to use up some scraps! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! Love the layered strips behind the number!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've made a few cards recently too....yours are just super though. love the layering of No.5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous cards.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards and I love the twine on the first card. Now following xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely cards. The '5' card is simple but bery affective! The other one is such a great looking card and I love how you have done the 'happy birthday' in seperate letter tiles.
    Wonderful work.
    Love Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails