Monday 21 May 2012

A Snapshot


The challenge for the rest of April over at the Studio Challenge Blog is to use your favourite things...so I did use lots of favourites, and had a go at being really inky and messy as I am loving that at the moment. 

The shot is from a camping trip last year where the heavens opened as we were walking up a hill, so we all nipped into a little wood area, and whilst the kids were climbing trees we got them to stage a photo for us.

The papers are from Echo Parks Charming collection (which I am enjoying).  The page actually started with me die cutting some chevrons (which went a little wrong as they were meant to be in a frame but my paper wasn't quiet in the right place so the frame was missing on one side), before I got to use the chevrons I did some misting.  For the mists I used a prima square mask which I lay on the diagonal and then spritzed with some blue patina and light brown glimmer mist, and then some of the zingy green cosmic shimmer.  I also added some drips of ink around the page too.  I then stuck the chevrons on behind the photo, and once in place I added some gesso just smearing it across them with a card to add some texture.  I then started the layering with little bits of paper and journal cards, and a doily.  I used some of the EP stickers as I liked the film strip - I used the small black dots from this on the page too.  I painted a dusty attic branch and hung some cameras from it with green twine.  Added some washi take and metal embellishments, then used the EP stickers for the title as well as a type writer font too which I printed on white paper.

I really enjoyed playing with lots of different items for this page and getting all inky - if you want to join in with us then here is the link,




23 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. Cameras are one of my favourites right now too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! i love that paper collection! just fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great combination of product!
    Looks like a lot of fun to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!
    Love the artsy feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome work~I see lots of my favorite hings too!!!! Thanks for stopping in today!! love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is just Stunning! GORGEOUS page!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely, I'm having a messy phase too! Love those little film frames too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab page! love the spraying and those zigzags :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great page I love the little cameras

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful layout and love the detail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page, love the film and cameras. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the masking and the inking Kat. Cute page. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely layout & cracking photo of the kids, it's great to catch moments like that.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. the splash of green and the misting detail - it all looks so good Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the miss match all those different elements, they all work so well together :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the misting and masking!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your layouts are always great, love your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the gentle colouring on this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! I love everything about thsi!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is so evocative of waiting in the rain...and beautiful to boot! great job :0)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails