Friday 22 June 2012

The Puffle Story



The A Trip Down Memory Lane Cybercrop is underway, and here  is my page for  the 1st challenge, which is to use your stamps on a page.  I used a swirl set of stamps by Autumn Leaves and stamped some circles in 3 different colour inks.  I started the page by actually having a play with my silhouette and created the circle shape pattern as I don't have a cameo I had to  cut it in half and add it to either side of the photo.  I then stamped up some of the negatives and slotted them in to a few of the circles.  I used Crate Papers Farmhouse collection for this page, and layered up some strips of the green and blue papers behind the photo (all inked and stitched of course) them added some of the sticker strips and a doily chipboard piece.  For the delightful sticker I layered it on 2 papers and just cut around the edge with my pinking shears.  I added some flicks of mist and then use Fancy Pants and Cosmo Cricket stickers for the title.

There is a pocket behind the photo for the journalling tag which is all about this orange piffle.  Puffles are in club penguin and that is about all I know about them, my son got one for Christmas and it was an instant hit.  When we were out for the day visiting a national trust property he accidentally left it in a bush in his cardigan pocket, we only realised this as we got home (some 40 mins) from the property.  My son was quite upset so the next day without much hope I phoned the property and to our delight someone had handed the cardigan with the puffle still in the pocket, so we went back to collect primarily the puffle, not the carry :)

So if you would like to join us in the crop and have a go at some of the challenges then here is the link, there are loads of fantastic classes going up all weekend.





13 comments:

  1. I really like the layers. A clean, crisp look with lots of layers. Lovely. Looking forward to cybercrop too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the white with pops of colours!! Beautiful page, as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the circles with the swirls showing through.Glad your son got his puffle back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab use of the stamps and Gorgeous page

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very crisp and fresh like the circle effects I love all your pattern thingys you use they give nice dimension to the page

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful layers!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katherine, great page love the circles I agree with Dawn it gives the page great depth. Great story too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those circles....and a lovely story:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooh! I love this! The colours really are fab and all that layering is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout. I like the hidden journaling.
    Great story as well. So glad he got his toy back :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous page,and a lovely story too.Thanks for visiting my blog and glad you liked my bits in the gallery :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this layout, such a clever use of stamps. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this layout, such a clever use of stamps. x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails