Thursday 7 March 2013

Mum and Me


This weeks theme on the Tando blog is Mums, in preparation for the big weekend.  I had this photo, which I really like of Mum and I on the beach in Naples.


 I started by having a go at just using stamps and ink as Emilie Chamel often challenges us to do, I used a swirly flower stamp which I made a little mask for and then stamped all around the photo area.  I mimicked the colours in my swimming costume, so reds, browns and beige (and a little yellow).  I used distress stains and ink pads with a water brush to colour in all the flowers, I then used some of the excess ink to add some splatters around the page.  A quick strip of washi tape at the top and bottom of the card stock...and then the Tando leaf flourish - I still love this piece, I covered it with green distress ink and then coloured the veins that are marked in on the piece with a brown pro marker.  The title is from the simple stories snap pack of alphabets and I just outlined this with gel pen.

I am not a massive stamper on pages, but I loved the effect and I need to dig them out a bit more and have a play with this.  

Also a new challenge has gone up on the Tando Challenge blog using flowers this month so you might want to check that out too.



9 comments:

  1. Love this layout, really clever use of the stamped flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kat that's a fabulous picture, loving the whitespace - really draws your eye to the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely piccy. Very stylish layout as always love the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout and what a great photo! The flowers make such a gorgeous frame for it...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page, love the stamping :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab LO, love the stamped flowers, looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visit my blog to get your award

    ReplyDelete
  9. love how the flowers create the frame - lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails