Saturday 15 November 2014

Giant Chess with th Elevator





Our main purpose here at IE is to challenge ourselves, each other and YOU to take the creative process to the next level;  to inspire growth and change in our scrapbooking beyond the mundane.
You can see all of Inspiration Elevator's previous challenges at on Facebook .

 This month's challenge is issued by me! It is a warm seasonal challenge for you, and as a Brit...to do with the weather! Here is what I told the rest of the team:

" 'cos Autumn is all about layers of leaves and layers of jumpers (in the northern hemisphere) I would like to challenge you to add lots of layers to your page....this could be layers of paints, inks, stamps, papers, glassine paper, acetate....lots of lovely layers."

I started my page with an old chipboard alphabet which I then coated in gesso, once that was dry I added some Tim Holtz silver spray ink, then dried it, then some stamps....then lots of layers of Simple Stories Legacy papers, inked and distressed and a layer of gauze and a glassine envelope ready for the journalling.  Just an everyday shot of the kids playing....but I used all the letters in the background because we were at Bletchley Park which was the home of the code breakers from the second world war, so all the letters seemed very fitting.  I used lots of the lovely embellishments that come with the Simple Stories papers (these are the papers I chose for this months gallery over at A Trip Down Memory Lane...I love them, so there will be lots more pages too!).


Onto lots more lovely inspiration...you are starting with me - so please follow on and see what Lisa has created - here is a full list incase you get lost.

 Katherine Sutton (you are here)
Why not give the challenge a try yourself? Then pop by our Facebook page and share with us what you created! I would love to see your creations.

9 comments:

  1. This is so lovely - I adore the symbolic significance of the letters, and your cheesecloth is so gauzy and gorgeous in there. Thanks for this month's challenge - I really enjoyed the challenge and what I produced in response to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! What textures and layers you have here. I love the cheesecloth. Thanks for the amazing challenge this month it was just what I needed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this challenge!! Great idea. The netting on this page is fantastic- lots of texture and play without the design going all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous eclectic mix of layers Katherine - works beautifully on your page. Thanks for a great challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh love your layers and texture!!!! gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love all the textures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your background work and layers on this fun page Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic layout I love the photo!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails