Tuesday 22 September 2015

Rock Pools




I decided to join the September Scrapbook challenge in the Facebook group Crafters @ Play - I've not followed a sketch in a while so it was really fun to have a go - I also realised that once I got going I needed to adapt the sketch just a little bit - as I wanted an extra photo and then my title didn't fit in the place it was meant to go!

I used Summer Vibes by Simple Stories.  I started by gutting the background paper and then spritzing my white cardstock with some blue prima colour bloom - it gives a beautiful iridescent colour - I also took some of the ink off the page with the muslin that is behind the "Beach Life is the Best" so it is blue.  I cut out the flag and made a little tag.  I then dug out my sewing machine, which is something I haven't done in ages as I love the look of stitching on a page.  I edged the tag, white cardstock and the flag and stuck them all down in the right places.  I then set about using some chipboard frames for my photos - I tend to glue them onto my photo first and then cut around them.  Next I began to layer the embellishments - I love the Simple Stories efemera packs and there are some pieces from other ranges there too - like the heart from I am.  I added a shell and row of pearls, ribbon and buttons, some woodgrain vellum from Websters  and the title is from October Afternoon.

My kids love rock pools and collecting the creatures - mainly crabs that they find in them!  



2 comments:

  1. gorgeous layout, love the embellishment additions, that seems to be where I am lacking at the moment on my own layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the use of frames and the pastel colours.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails